Re: 8-Bit Data communication with only AT commands

From: Manfred Jonsson
Subject: Re: 8-Bit Data communication with only AT commands
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 00:23:35 +0200

Marco Manyevere wrote:

> Does anyone have an example of sending 8-bit coded data (including
> non-printable characters) from one application to another using Nokia 6310
> in AT command mode? I would like to encrypt my short message and send it
> over to another application but the encryption results in non-printable
> characters which are translated by the phone resulting in corrupted
> messages. Any suggestions are welcome.

hex encode it. instead of eg. "Gnokii" send the hex value of each
char: "476E6F6B6969"

uuencode it

SMS can be sent in 8 bit mode. use -8 as option to gnokii --sendsms.
this should work flawless because gnokii converts the data to PDU
format (which is hex encoded) so no trouble between phone and
gnokii can arise. so

cat file_with_encypted_data | gnokii --sendsms <phonenumber> -8

should do the trick.

you can't send non-printable  chars in text mode!

bye manfred