Re: Fix EMS + concat message, cleanup gnokii.c

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Fix EMS + concat message, cleanup gnokii.c
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 02:41:11 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 9 Jun 2002, Pavel Machek wrote:

> > > No, in EMS case, bitmap is encoded in "D", that's "User Data Header",
> > > not "User Data", AFAICS.
> >
> > So in C is the large value covering all the message? Is User Data empty in
> > that case?
>
> Yes, basically. (You can put plaintext in rest of message).

Mhm. Understood.

> > No, it would fix the dependencies. Look, now you do:
> > SMS:
> >  - call bitmaps functions
> > BITMAPS:
> >  - call SMS functions
> > I want:
> > SMS
> >  - call bitmaps functions
> > BITMAPS:
> >  - DO NOT call SMS functions
>
> Bitmaps would have to return 4 things: number of bytes eaten in D,
> bytes to put in D, number of bytes eaten in E, bytes to put in E.

No, I don't think so. Bitmaps, just encode itself. Packing into some
boundary is made by SMS layer - and it just needs bitmap size. Or am I
missing something?

> That seems ugly to me, and AddUDH does not seem that bad.

It seems as it add loop in the dependencies.

> > Proposition. Please wait until Monday evening (hope to finish them
> > tomorrow, but MOday is safe) for my changes, and then will discuss this
> > issue again (hope no discussion will be needed :-)). Is it acceptable for
> > you?
>
> Feel free to reply at monday evening ;-).

It's hard to call it an evening, but... ;-) I made some changes to CVS.
First of all I decided to separate all Nokia-specific SMS stuff to the
separate functions/files. It will clean up the sources a bit (but make code
paths a bit longer). I don't think these changes broke anything yet.

More changes to come tomorrow.