Re: Hello and Issue with gnokii-0.4.0pre20/xgnokii 7110 Contacts Upload

From: Anthony Jewell
Subject: Re: Hello and Issue with gnokii-0.4.0pre20/xgnokii 7110 Contacts Upload
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 20:42:31 +0100 (IST)

On Thu, 6 Jun 2002, Markus Plail wrote:
> Subject: Re: Hello and Issue with gnokii-0.4.0pre20/xgnokii 7110 Contacts
>     Upload
>
> Hi Anthony!
>
> * Anthony Jewell writes:
> > Hi All,
> > Just downloaded your most excellent gnokii/xgnokii and whilst running
> > on a 7110 I hit a problem with xgnokii - it locks up on Contacts Read
> > from phone.
> > I have fixed it in my own copy - what next?
>
> Send the patch to the list... preferrably against the latest CVS. And a
> description of what was the problem.

In xgnokii/xgnokii_lowlevel.c:A_GetMemoryLocationAll() the
GOP_ReadPhonebook action was returning an error of
GE_INVALIDMEMORYTYPE. This led to a return without signalling the
memoryCond and unlocking the mutex. This caused lock up.

I believe this is because my SIM memory is empty on my phone.

I  have attached the output of a diff -c on the current
gnokii-0.4.0pre20 tar ball.

Regards
        Tony Jewell
--