Re: Sending sms from bash

From: Rory Campbell-Lange
Subject: Re: Sending sms from bash
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 10:43:19 +0100

On 22/05/02, Eugene Grimsdell (address@hidden) wrote:
> I need to send a sms from a bash script ie: notification system as
> well as setting up a internal sms system via php running gnokii-0.3.4
>
> The problem I have is that I know gnokii needs a crtl-d to send
> message, what is the best ways to send via bash script.

Howzit!

gnokii --sendsms 00448888888888 < /tmp/x

I've written a perl module to queue and and dequeue messages if you are
interested. Also check out the Gnokii::GSM module if you use perl. This
is very fully featured, however I couldn't get it to compile.

Totsiens!

--
Rory Campbell-Lange
<address@hidden>