Re: CVS updates

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: CVS updates
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 14:30:25 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 18 May 2002, Markus Plail wrote:

> Hi Pawel!
>
> * Pawel Kot writes:
> > Hi,
> > I'd like other developers, mainly phone drivers maintainers, to take a
> > look at API. If you have any notes/suggestions/criticism about it, now
> > it's the best time to tell about it. If nothing particular will happen
> > I think the API may change only with minor detailes.
>
> It looks OK to me. In the end one has to write some function
> FillRawSMS_IN, FillRawSMS_Pic and so on for the different message types
> for a phone, correct? Should I try to get 6510 working or work on 7110
> code?

Yep. Smart idea.

> > Currently implemented:
> >  - reading of the PDU SMS; for the non-PDU SMS (3110 and 2110 series)
> > another handling function is to be written
> >  - 7110 driver is capable to read Inbox messages
> >  - gnokii.c is converted to use new API; other applications (xgnokii,
> > smsd) are NOT converted yet.
>
> I will have a look at xgnokii once I have figured out how it works.

Great. Not much changes in the application layer though. The main changes
are:
s/GSM_SMSMessage/GSM_API_SMS/
s/RemoteNumber/Remote/
s/MessageCenter/SMSC/
s/data.SMSMessage/data.SMS/

GSM_API_SMS.SMSC is now SMS_Number type. SMS_Number fields begin with a
capital letter.
No explicit access to UDH in GSM_API_SMS.

I'd like to change GSM_API_SMS and GSM_SMSMessage, data.SMS and
data.RawSMS to some better, more descriptive names, but can't think of any
good ones.