newbie: possibilities for sms gateway with gnokii

From: Rory Campbell-Lange
Subject: newbie: possibilities for sms gateway with gnokii
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 13:49:11 +0100

I would like to know how to set up an SMS gateway.

I have a linux box and expect to attach either a GSM modem or Nokia
phone to a serial port. I need to buy a suitable phone or modem.

I would like be able to receive SMS messages and send these to an SQL
database. Also I would like to send messages from the database. I expect
to drive these transactions through perl. I do not need a graphical
interface to these actions.

Should I be looking at smstools instead?

Thanks for any assistance and advice.
Rory

--
Rory Campbell-Lange