Re: controling a 6110 with a pic16f84

From: Andi Reinbrech
Subject: Re: controling a 6110 with a pic16f84
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 21:42:38 +0200

If at all possible, get hold of a nokia 6210 or 7110, with a proper DLR 3
cable - these phones have modem firmware in the phone, and talk standard AT
commands like a normal modem (without need of NDS or gnokii).

You still need gnokii to do more than sending SMS and simple phone book
management ;-) but for micros, the 6210/7110 work like a charm.

If you can't get hold of a proper DLR 3 cable, use the infra red.  IRda is
going to be easier to implement than FBUS/MBUS on a PIC, although I've never
done this - I use an AVR micro with a 7110 phone connected straight to the
micro's USART with a max232