Problem compiling smsd fixed.

From: Dhillon Andrew Kannabhiran
Subject: Problem compiling smsd fixed.
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 22:12:15 +0800

I was having some trouble compiling the libmysql.so in smsd ... kept getting
the following errors:

---snip---

address@hidden smsd]# make libmysql.so
gcc -shared -o libmysql.so `glib-config --cflags` -I../include \
        -I/usr/local/include/mysql mysql.c
`glib-config --libs` -L/usr/local/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient
mysql.c: In function `DB_Look':
mysql.c:157: `GSM_MAX_DESTINATION_LENGTH' undeclared (first use in this
function)
mysql.c:157: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
mysql.c:157: for each function it appears in.)
make: *** [libmysql.so] Error 1
address@hidden smsd]#

---snip---

The fix is to add in the following to include/gsm-common.h
#define GSM_MAX_DESTINATION_LENGTH (40) and then edit mysql.c in the smsd
directory and do an #include "../include/gsm-common.h"; That fixes that
small compile problem but I'm still having smsd complain about not being
able to find libmysql.so even though it's in the right place! Any one else
having this problem? It's been giving me a headache the whole day!!! Oh yes,
the above fix is also needed to get rid of the same problem with make
libpq.so...

Regards,
Dhillon Andrew Kannabhiran,
Founder/Chief Executive Officer,
Hack In The Box -- Keeping Knowledge Free
http://www.hackinthebox.org
http://www.hackinthebox.net