Re: CVS update

From: BORBELY Zoltan
Subject: Re: CVS update
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 02:38:15 +0200

Hello,

On Sun, Mar 31, 2002 at 02:21:15PM +0200, Marcin Wiacek wrote:
> How do you explain dropping my patch3?

As I said patch3 wasn't dropped. I didn't managed to finish it, but I
picked out some trivial cases which I resolved:

* fcopy.bat updated

* gnokii.dsp updated

* config1 added

* dprintf()-s added to device.c

* you're right, the following code isn't look very well:

    if (s) n = foo;
    else n = bar;

  but violating the coding style isn't a solution too. The following form
  should be acceptable for everyone:

    n = s ? foo : bar;

* the following is just a simple workaround, so I rejected it:

    snprintf(foo, foosize, ...)
    foo[foosize-1] = 0

  the real problem is the broken snprintf() implementation in VC6. We _will_
  solve the real problem, I have found a GPL compatible snprintf()
  implementation (please wait some days). Maybe there are some *nix platform
  too, where snprintf() isn't available or broken.

* dummy field in the empty struct in gsm-sms.c. It should compile in the
  future.

* message dumping patch: I don't like it. This format is hard to read (at
  last for me).

I'll continue this work tomorrow.

Bye,
Bozo