Re: [gNewSense-users] interested in KFV

From: Ivan Camilo Jimenez Perez
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] interested in KFV
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 11:20:34 -0500

> helo im interested in doing KFV. i got some question...

Thanks for your interest!

> --im kinda confused of which section should i work on. i prefer the
> highest priority. is kernel or lib okay?

Sure, either of those is fine. Or if you prefer you could help in the FV of
linux-ubuntu-modules,[1] so we can recover sound earlier.

> --does fully adopted section doesnt need anymore man?
>
> --all i do is checking the license of the files in the section, and
> report it in predetermined way, right?

Unfortunately, no. You have to look for blobs, which are long undocumented
sequences of constants (hex values, generally). They are actually software
without source code (object code), so non-free by definition. The deblob-check
script may help in that[2].

> --does the release of gNS depend on the speed of FV???

I don't think so. AFAIK, releases of gNS depend on releases of LTS versions of
ubuntu.

> thats all. thx in advance

> -- excuse my english

[1]