[gNewSense-users] KFV Mode: is everybody OK with a new change in startup

From: Bake Timmons
Subject: [gNewSense-users] KFV Mode: is everybody OK with a new change in startup?
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 13:34:57 -0400

Since Markus reported a problem with a problem with the latest release
of KFV Mode, I have been thinking that the program should be changed to
start in a more logical way, and I wanted to find out if anyone objects
to the following change.

Currently, it asks for the URL of the section to work on and then the
corresponding directory on the user's machine.  Perhaps a more logical
order is the *reverse*: ask for a directory to work on and then the
corresponding directory.  This would also be a cleaner implementation, I
think.  Unless anyone has a better idea, I will make this change in KFV
Mode.  Also, as Markus suggested to me, KFV could store the user's Linux
kernel directory as the default directory for subsequent uses.

Any objections?