Re: [gNewSense-users] KFV Mode 0.5: partial uploads, more feedback and c

From: Markus Laire
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] KFV Mode 0.5: partial uploads, more feedback and checking
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 20:01:01 +0300

Bake Timmons wrote:
This seems to be the problem. I have nothing in /usr/src except few
files below /usr/src/rpm

What should I do to get unpacked kernel files below /usr/src, if that
is required by KFV-Mode?

No need for that, just open kfv.el and look for kfv-system-src-dir which
is a constant with the value "/usr/src" .  Change /usr/src to whatever
absolute path contains your linux-2.6.24_12.22 directory.  After
changing it, save the file, and everything should work OK.

Now the URL-input works, but "Input directory to examine" doesn't. After I give directory and press Enter, I get that question again and again and again...

But since the script now knows the URL and kfv-system-src-dir, could it figure out the directory by itself without needing to ask from user?

Please let me know if there are any problems.  Thanks for telling me
about this problem.  Future versions will be more flexible.  I will
think more about this.

Maybe script should ask where kernel-sources are and save it somewhere like with username and password?

--
Markus Laire