[gNewSense-users] KFV check-in

From: Peter and Jesse
Subject: [gNewSense-users] KFV check-in
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 14:10:11 -0700

I just wanted to double-check some of my practices.

In drivers/media/dvb/b2c2 there there's a file that states "either
version 2.1 of the License, or (at your option) any later version." I
just put this as GPLv2 or later. OK?

Also, there are files that say "see flexcop.c for copyright information"
but don't give the licence, so I took the licence from flexcop.c instead
of saying that it didn't give the licence.

Also, there were files that were under the LGPL but didn't specify the
version. Presumably, we do the same with these as with the files that
are under the GPL but don't give the version. But if we call the
unspecified GPLs version 2, what do we call the unspecified LPGLs?
I'm not sure we really need to get into these kinds of details. All we
are doing is verifying that the kernel is free, right? And all versions
of the GPL and the LGPL are free, so does it really matter what version
they are?

 Peter