Re: [gNewSense-users] KFV question no licence or author

From: Briareo Hecatonquiro
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] KFV question no licence or author
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 12:19:06 +0200

Hi

El jue, 03-04-2008 a las 23:32 -0600, Luis Alberto Guzmán García
escribió:
> But when there is no author, and no license we considere it as part of
> the kernel, right?
>
> When we have the author's email we have to ask, but this case is just
> GPLv2 and end of the section, am i correct?

When you find a file without author or licence, is assumed that is part
of the kernel and licenced under GPLv2. You will find this in some
Makefile. In the other hand there is the possibility of a licence not
specified, like "this is under GNU licence", without a version of the
licence. Then you must email the author and ask about the file.

Cheers.