Re: [gNewSense-users] why we started from the distro we started from

From: rek2GNU/Linux
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] why we started from the distro we started from
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 21:57:52 -0600

(beware that I'm a  Spanish speaker...)
What I don't understand is one thing .....
all of this communities (fedora, debian, gentoo...) have people that believe firmly on Free Software totally and others that don't as much... and they are divided.. why and why can't be that ll this people from this 4-5 "linux" distros forget about the rpm vs .deb emacs vs vim for once and come together and create from ground up a new distro? most of you will say *to much work...* not really and if the time we spend complaining about this distros we did spend it actually with some creativity and development we will succeed, now may if you will will ask/say *what this have to do with the topic in question?*, well is simple we have the name.. (gnewsense) we have some incentive, we have some people (all of us in this list ) why don't we just build a 100% free distro from the ground up? I mean is not that difficult trust me.. not to build it.. I have 87 Gentoo servers that I modify for our needs (that is why I choose gentoo ) on my company, I know well how to build a distro from 0 to 100, so at least why don't we focus instead of complaining on what distro should we *pull from* and let's keep pulling from Ubuntu for now till we can become *our own body* with our own character?
in resumen:
lets not worry about if pulling from Ubuntu is ok or not... lets worry about one day having our own voice and not dependent on decisions of other developers in other distros that don't really care about the freedom we desire.. *lot of work* but we have a lot of passion that is something that can move mountains :-)

my 2 cents..
*** runs away under a rock before people hit me with rocks ***

Chris Fernandez