[gNewSense-users] (no subject)

From: Brian Kemp
Subject: [gNewSense-users] (no subject)
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 09:48:51 -0500

Andrew:

Actually, it's got nothing to do with freedom 0.  That is the freedom to run a
programme for any purpose, not an obligation to supply a programme that runs
in any particular way.

The point is that gNewSense should be promoting free software, and not
supplying software that promotes non-free software.  That's very different to
putting restrictions on anybody who wants to re-write the code to make things
run differently.

And later on in my email, I suggested perhaps running our own plugins
repository (or cooperating with others to do so, as long as it's
completely free); while having its own drawbacks, it would definitely
promote free software.

I'd love to hear your thoughts.

--Brian