Re: [gNewSense-users] Artistic Credits and a Freedom missive

From: Andrew Wigglesworth
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Artistic Credits and a Freedom missive
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 15:25:40 +0000

On Sunday 12 November 2006 13:39, Paul O'Malley wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> After being asked twice I thought I would say it once. ;-)
>
> Credits for the artwork and logo go to two people.
>
> The logo credit for gNewSense goes to Li Jiang.
>
> The artwork is the work of Joshua Ginzberg.
> Joshua thought gnu savanaha and squiggled his way to fame from there.:-)
>
> Both of the above have been BCCed to this thread as I don't know if they
> are on the mailing list or not (so, sorry if you got two copies ;-)),
> however I expect they are.
>
> Remember if your are doing anything for gNewSense, I can't stress this
> enough, please do so using Free Software.
>

> Regards,
>
> Paul O'Malley

About using free software.

Yes, yes, yes, yes.  There's the ethical argument that gNewSense developers
use free software to keep their freedoms which hardly needs re-iteration
right now.

But, there's another point.  This is also a demonstration of how free software
can work in action.  People are watching.

--------
Andrew

All new Yahoo! Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease
of use." - PC Magazine
http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html