Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Stepping down

From: James L Mazurek
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Stepping down
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2019 14:48:14 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 23 Jul 2019, Sam Geeraerts wrote:

After much consideration, I've decided to step down as the maintainer of
gNewSense. It was the distro I fell in love with and it would hurt me to
see it disappear. Yet I must be honest with myself and the community and
face the facts. I feel like I can't give it the attention it needs to
keep it in a state worthy of a distro recommended by the FSF. I'm sorry
to disappoint current users and those anticipating a new release.

I would like to thank everyone who I've worked with and who contributed
to gNewSense since it sparked from Paul O'Malley's brain over a decade
ago. It's been fun and educational.

If someone wants to take over I will be quite happy to get that person
going. I then might still help out, but I'm not going to take the lead
anymore. Please get in touch or forward to anyone who might be interested.

I will keep the repositories and other infrastructure running for now.

Regards,
samgee

Hello Sam,

Thank you for all the time and hard work you have contributed to the gNewSense GNU/Linux Distribution over the years. I have had an on-again, off-again relationship with gNewSense 3 "Parkes" & 4.0 "Ucclia" but my overall experience has been good.

I hope the gNewSense community will be able to gather enough volunteers to release a gNewSense 5.0 "TBD".

I'm willing to volunteer some of my time if enough people wish to continue forward. I'm not sure where I can best contribute. My skill sets lean more toward that of a systems administrator than a developer.

Truly,

Jim Mazurek