Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Builder update

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Builder update
Date: Wed, 3 May 2017 08:34:29 +0200

Hi Mike and all,

I created an ansible-playbook[1] that performs the steps listed on
HowToCreateYourOwnGNULinuxDistribution [2].
Ansible is a configuration management tool [3] that basically ssh into a
pc, and executes commands, the commands needed to setup builder.

I'm not sure if anyone on this list knows ansible, but looking at the
./roles/*/tasks/main.yml
will show the steps from [2]  and hopefully clarify a bit. It is
possible to run the ansible-book after checking the README and
this will configure a machine for builder. The project takes care of key
generation, webserver configuration and pulling debian mirror etc.

The project is far from finished, i originally created it to help with
my ever changing build setup,
and thought it could be of help, maybe.

eddi

[1] https://bitbucket.org/eddii/ansible_gnewsense_builder