Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Question about gNewSense 5 (Debian Stretch)

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Question about gNewSense 5 (Debian Stretch)
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 22:32:46 +0200

Op Tue, 18 Apr 2017 05:00:50 +0200
schreef GREen MOnster Games <address@hidden>:

> But to install the builder and configure all

Working on Builder itself is definitely necessary to go forward, but
perhaps an easier way to contribute is to focus on the gen-scripts. You
can hard code the variables (or even use wildcards, i.e. instead of
$VERSION) and run the script standalone. The gen scripts for packages
always follow the same pattern:

1) get source package
2) unpack
3) modify code
4) update changelog
5) build

Step 3 is the one that involves brain power.

If you want further information about Builder itself, I'll be happy to
oblige if you tell me where exactly you're stuck.

In the interest of transparency I can say that Eddi and I are going to
sit together some time next week to get work on Builder moving again.
We'll share the outcome on this list.

> The website is slow. It's need to run to wait more minutes. Moinmoin
> it's a beautiful cms but I think that the first problem can be from
> the query, maybe this server has not more power and I have wrote my
> opinion that drupal or wordpress there are the really nice alternative
> for an small server. Maybe I can help with this problem too. But we
> must see step by step.

The website's been fairly responsive to me in the last few days. I've
updated the relevant bug report [1]. If anyone want to start on writing
some scripts, please let me know (here or in the bug report).

> > I think nobody's actively translating now.
>
> That's bad without the volunteers to translate. We must search the new
> translators, It's really important.

Maybe the past translators can be motivated to pick up where they left
off. Would you like to find and contact them about it? The Editor group
[2] might be a good place to start.

I have done the request for inclusion :)  ------------)) GREMO (Mike)

Welcome to the team. :)

[1] https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/index.php?47898