[Gnewsense-dev] Irssi bug #39251

From: stig atle
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] Irssi bug #39251
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2015 19:41:34 +0200

I was looking around in the bug-tracker for things I could help out with.
I noticed the Irssi bug (
https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=39251 ) ,
 and I took some time today to learn how to pull the source, modify
files and create patches and build the .deb from the modified source and
test it locally.

After spending some time with that I noticed a patch was already
submitted in the comments.
That patch was not in the source repo when I pulled the source, so what
I did was to make the same fix myself before I noticed it.

I have attached the fix, but also as mentioned there is one already in
the comment section..

What is the process to get the fix into the source repo?
(I guess it's one of the devs that takes the patches, tests them, then
add them?).

I'll dig around more for other bugs I can help with now that I know the
process..