Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Ucclia alpha 1

From: Marcus Moeller
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Ucclia alpha 1
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2015 18:44:33 +0100

Dear Sam.

you might have already noticed that the Bootsplash shows duplicate
entries/an overlap.

Yes, thanks for reminding me. I got distracted by the Iceweasel issue.
I'll build another installer image.

Icedove is also missing. Is there any reason for that?

Iceweasel is available now and installation went through fine (besides the known Grub sda/sdb bug). Icedove is still missing in the repo. icedove-l10n- packages are there.

Iceweasel itself starts but does not work as expected. Buttons cannot be pressed, menus are not displayed.

For GDM3, please add aurora-backgrounds and aurora-icon-theme ad dependency in to the task. I have also added a small patch for /etc/gdm3/greeter.gsettings

There is no Aurora GTK3 theme available and there was no plan to create one. I would even like to suggest to drop gtk2-engines-aurora as it's actually used nowhere (at least for what we are planning to ship by default).

I would also prefer the Aurora wallpaper for both GDM3 and the actual desktop. gns-inside was planned as an opitonal addition.

I still have to figure out how to predefine the GNOME background and will come back to you on that.

Greets
Marcus