Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Ucclia alpha 1

From: Marcus Moeller
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Ucclia alpha 1
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2015 13:31:27 +0100

Dear Sam.

>> The installation has been done using a usb key. The usb device has
been detected as /dev/sda and the interal hd as /dev/sdb which I have
not seen using the original d-i

I've not experienced this myself. Can you start the installer again a
few times to check if it's reproducible and consistent?

It always behaves this way, even on different hardware. I have not tested the x86_64 build.

Installation then fails after tasksel, where I have kept default
selections (which is Debian Desktop, SSH, Printing ...).

The installer's log is visible on tty4 (Ctrl+Alt+F4) or
in /var/log/installer/syslog on the root partition you installed to. Can
you tell me where it fails?

 task-gnome-desktop :
 Depends: gnome-core but it is not going to be installed
 Recommends: gnome but it is not going to be installed
 Recommends: libreoffice-gnome but it is not installable
 Recommends: libreoffice-evolution but it is not installable
 Recommends: iceweasel but it is not installable
 Recommends: libreoffice but it is not installable
 Recommends: libreoffice-gcj but it is not installable
 Recommends: libreoffice-help-en-us but it is not installable
 Recommends: mythes-en-us but it is not going to be installed

tasksel: apt-get failed (100)

Greetings
Marcus