Re: [Gnewsense-dev] GNU IceCat

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] GNU IceCat
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2015 23:11:27 +0100

Op Sun, 04 Jan 2015 22:41:18 -0300
schreef Daniel Pimentel <address@hidden>:

> I like IceCat, and I tried compile it but there is problem with glibc
> version:
>
> /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found
> (required by /home/dani/Downloads/icecat/libnspr4.so)
> Couldn't load XPCOM.

The advantage of modifying Iceweasel is that it has less dependency
problems because Debian already took care of that. And we're aiming to
be selfhosting, so that includes build dependencies.

> I'll create a package for IceCat and share it in future.

I encourage third party repos if they stick to free software. They
could be a way to sneak in new packages (or versions) because they
don't have to be selfhosting. :)