Re: [Gnewsense-dev] gNewsense 4 alpha review

From: taiji_tao
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] gNewsense 4 alpha review
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2015 17:24:55 -0500

Yes, I am using archive.gnewsense.org.

Tried to reinstall desktop-base 7.0.3gnewsense2 with the following
error: "E: Internal Error, No file name for desktop-base:amd64".
Strange that it shows as being installed in synaptic, however, pulls
an error each time I install or upgrade a program.

Also noticed that non-free driver is still being recommended as it
does with Debian when loading.  Example, it notices the Radeon graphics
card (AMD64), and that the non-free driver is not installed.  Does the
same for VirtualBox?

As an FYI: I've kept an eye on gNewsense for some time, however, the
prior old packages were a deterrent.  Started with Ubuntu, then Debian,
Crunchbang, Trisquel (which I really liked, except I did not feel
comfortable with the Ubuntu additions), came back to gNewsense, since
it makes the most sense to base it on Debian stable!

-----