[Gnewsense-dev] Backporting packages from Wheezy to Parkes

From: Erik Grun
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] Backporting packages from Wheezy to Parkes
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 00:39:44 +0200

Hi,
I just saw that some packages which are available in Debian Wheezy are
not available in Squeeze, so they are also not available in gNewSense
Parkes.
I am talking about lightdm[1] and codeblocks[2].
I wanted to ask whether it's ok to backport those packages.
And is there something I need to be aware of when making/backporting a
package?

-- Erik Grun

[1]https://packages.debian.org/wheezy/lightdm
[2]https://packages.debian.org/wheezy/codeblocks