[Gnewsense-dev] gnash-plugin issues playing flash media

From: arnuld uttre
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] gnash-plugin issues playing flash media
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 22:09:30 +0530

Hi All,

 If I watch any website offering flash-content online (e.g youtube) I
see gnash takes a long time of starting playing the video. I have
checked Adobe flash player, it runs immediately whereas gnash takes
around 10-12 seconds before video starts playing and for those 12
seconds browser will remain frozen and you can't do anything like
switching to another tab, not to mention it eats half of the CPU (as
per top command, 39%)

There is one more problem,  lets say you are 2 min into the video and
want to watch the video at 7th minute out of say 12 min video. In
adobe I I will just click on the bar, slider will shift to 7th min and
video will start playing. In gnash, again, 10-15 seconds gap
(frozen-gap is good word to use) and while it may start at 7th min (it
may not) but slider will remain at 2 min and the timer will also show
than it is playing from 2nd min.

All these problems are in gnash plugin but not in gnash player. I have
watched flash files in standalone gnash player and they play great.
Any idea how can I resolve the plugin issues ?

I see last release of gnash was in 2011, is it no longer being developed ?

Thanks

--  arnuld
http://uttre.wordpress.com/
http://lispmachine.wordpress.com/2010/12/08/extract-of-programming/