[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Your Reviews for select Mate Desktop and not Gnome 3
Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Your Reviews for select Mate Desktop and not Gnome 3 in the next version
Thu, 03 Apr 2014 08:51:39 +0200
I am looking forward to try GNOME 3 with gNewSense 4 once it is done
and thoroughly get to know
if before I would really shape an opinion of my own.
You can try Trisquel GNU/Linux but do not expect to use GNOME Shell.
minus the proprietary bits of course
Start by looking at your user-agent "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64;
rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/24.4.0"...
So the steps to
include MATE or any other software are:
- verify if software is free
- verify how committed upstream is to software freedom
- check if it builds with the tools in our release and patch if
- check if it integrates with the software in our release and patch if
- add/replace branding
- package, build and test
- keep track of (security) updates
- update and translate our documentation if necessary
- support users on IRC and mailing list
- update our Live configuration if appropriate
- generate and test alternate Live images if appropriate
By default, the project seems to be interresting on its points with the
advantage of correcting this directly in Mate (with GitHub) and also
allow the possibility of dividing efforts with other free GNU/Linux
I am willing to help directly in Mate Desktop with GitHub.
Thanks, best regards
|[Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread]|
- Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Your Reviews for select Mate Desktop and not Gnome 3 in the next version,