Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Your Reviews for select Mate Desktop and not Gnome 3

From: Andrew Day
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Your Reviews for select Mate Desktop and not Gnome 3 in the next version
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 11:31:47 +0000

I like mate!

On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 3:24 PM, HacKurx <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

I wonder if it would be better to use Mate Desktop instead of gnome 3 in next versions of gNewSense?
Mate Desktop is not included in debian 7 but will be in debian 8, it is nevertheless easy to add it. The advantage for me is to keep the same user interface between versions, have a lightweight desktop, rhythm of slower development and have a free code easier to maintain.

What do you think of this?

Best regards,

Links:
http://wiki.mate-desktop.org/download#debian