[Gnewsense-dev] Potential new supporter

From: George Roberge
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] Potential new supporter
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2014 19:55:11 -0400

Greetings, all.

I visited your site today and joined this list at the recommendation of one of the contributor pages. My short story is that I have been a Free Software zealot for a few years now, attended LibrePlanet yesterday, and decided that instead of just reading about Free Software issues I might try to help the community. I downloaded GnewSense today but have not yet installed it on my laptop or desktop PC, but will probably do that this evening. I am a Debian fan, but not so much an Ubuntu fan, and was excited to see your efforts recognized on the FSF site.

Unfortunately I am not a coder, and may be of limited use to your distribution, but I thought I'd throw myself out here, anyways. I have some "jack-of-all-trades" and somewhat rusty experience with HTML, PHP, CSS, PostgreSQL, and am studying to shoot for a Linux+ certification. My strengths are more in my spoken and written English skills and energy level, which may serve everyone better in the advocacy and documentation areas. I work in a Windows environment, and fairly heavily in Access, but not too much with VBA.

Anyhow, I'll spend some time on your site, install GnewSense on a PC, and see what happens.

Thank you!

--
George Roberge
www.andforthelamb.org

Computers are like air conditioners: both stop working
when you open Windows.