Re: [Gnewsense-dev] task #12794: List differences between Debian and gNe

From: Felipe López
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] task #12794: List differences between Debian and gNewSense
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2014 11:16:25 -0500

Heya list,

TL;DR: task update + proposal for a new structure of parkes.yaml[5].

-> The packages under packages-parkes[1], in the bzr repo, are now
   listed in /Documentation/3/DifferencesWithDebian[2].

Great :)

   I guess we can now provide an explicit link to this page[2]
   somewhere under /Documentation/3/.

I linked to it  from the following pages:

* /Documentation
* /Documentation/3/AboutgNewSense/TechnologyBackground

It would be nice if translators update the corresponding translations.

   We are at the moment using a script[3] to generate the page[2].

I think it would be useful to add a note to the page saying that and that it should not be modified by editors. Maybe change permissions for that page too? (see /HelpOnAccessControlLists).

-> Is /Processes/PackagePatching the right place to document about the
   README.gNewSense file format[4]?

-> The blacklisted & certain other packages in parkes.yaml[5] are not
   yet listed in the wiki[2].

   It'd be nice, if we can structure the parkes.yaml file differently,
   so that it is easier to write a script to crunch the YAML data. I'm
   proposing a new structure for the parkes.yaml file, it is attached
   with this email. Please take a look & let me know what you think.

Thanks.

[1]: http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/lh/gnewsense/packages-parkes/
[2]: http://www.gnewsense.org/Documentation/3/DifferencesWithDebian
[3]: https://gitorious.org/gns-deb-diff/gns-deb-diff