Re: [Gnewsense-dev] RFC: Translations

From: Felipe Lopez
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] RFC: Translations
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 17:54:10 -0500

2013/12/5 gNewSense Live user <address@hidden>
On Thu, 2013-12-05 at 16:56 -0500, Felipe Lopez wrote:
> 2013/12/5 Sam Geeraerts <address@hidden>
>         Op Wed, 04 Dec 2013 06:37:46 +0800
>         schreef gNewSense Live user <address@hidden>:
>

>         > Is it possible to add Traditional Chinese(zh_TW) to the
>         widget?
>

>         I believe the language code in the widget is currently limited
>         to 2
>         letters.
>

> Yes, the widget is limited to ISO 639-1 (2 letter codes) [1]. But I
> can
> update it to accept zh_TW, pt_BR, etc.
>

> I'll start updating it right now if no one opposes. So what do you
> say?

May I know how you will update it to accept characters like zh_TW and
pt_BR?

The languages that appear in the translation widget are listed in the "translation_languages" dictionary [2] defined in the wiki configuration file. I'll use the language codes in that dictionary to assemble the links to the appropriate translations of a page.

Basically, I'm not going to check for 2 letter codes in galaxia.py line 293 [3]. I'll just check if the language section is defined in the dictionary. It doesn't matter what kind of language code is used:

    if section in translation_languages:

I think that will work.

[2]: See point five in http://galaxia.readthedocs.org/en/latest/website.html
[3]: https://bitbucket.org/sirgazil/galaxia/src/50add0911aec8256cca452745660ee8815b3e481/website-theme/galaxia.py?at=default#cl-293