[Gnewsense-dev] I would like to contribute

From: Antonios Antoniadis
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] I would like to contribute
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 17:24:54 +0100 (BST)

Hello all,

As per the title of this e-mail, I want contribute on development and/or
packaging.

I'm a Linux systems/virtualization administrator in a Scottish hosting company.
Part of my job role includes process improvement and intense documentation. I
fully support Libre GNU/Linux variants and it seems that gNewSense is possibly
the best.

I'm a FSF member with a great network background and advanced skills in Python
and Linux shell programming. I have competitive skills in C. I never had the
chance to contribute in a distro so no practical experience on packaging.I can
devote time and I guess I could get a low-importance package or test package to
work on, but I will need basic guidelines.

I'm not sure in what level gNewSense differs from Debian network-wise but I'm
confident I can help with any network scripts or so.

I use the linux-libre kernel on almost all GNU/Linux instances I have, so I'd
like to help with the scripts, again, after some introduction to it.

I don't mind getting all the lousy things now that I'm starting, I really want
to help.

I'd appreciate your replies and any additional information.

Regards,

Antonios