Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Wiki spam

From: Felipe Lopez
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Wiki spam
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 09:21:18 -0500

2013/9/19 Sam Geeraerts <address@hidden>
Op Mon, 16 Sep 2013 23:01:23 +0200
schreef Sam Geeraerts <address@hidden>:

> Let's try the "babysitting" option first. I've added a site-wide ACL
> for EditorGroup [2]:
>
> acl_rights_default = u"EditorGroup:read,write,delete,revert All:read"
>
> This means that any member of EditorGroup can edit. Those people can
> also grant membership to others. So all allowed users can allow new
> users. I've added a few of the recently active people to the group.

I couldn't think of a sane way to permit (new) users that doesn't
involve email, so I've now set the ACL for EditorGroup so that any user
(not just members of EditorGroup) can add their name. It seems to work
for others [1]. Let's see if our spammer(s) care to bother with this.

[1] http://wiki.cytoscape.org/EditorGroup

Sam, are you going to enable account creation then? Aurélien, an old
gNewSense user and contributor, would like to recover his old account
or create a new one [10].

[10]: http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/gnewsense-dev/2013-09/msg00046.html