Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Proposal: Improving Development Page Structure

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Proposal: Improving Development Page Structure
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2013 22:21:41 +0200

Op Sun, 1 Sep 2013 09:31:52 -0500
schreef Felipe Lopez <address@hidden>:

> Hmm... That was not the intention, though. I wrote that page thinking
> in the word "development" as the process in which people make
> something grow and become more advanced, so that contributors from
> any field could feel welcome, as I mentioned on the second paragraph
> of the proposal. But if these words, "development" and "developers",
> are more often connected to programing or coding in English, then I
> can see the problem.

It's a common association in the context of a software project. It
could be made to work in the broader sense if explained well, but even
then it has a kind of "senior" ring to it that might make newbies feel
unwelcome.

"Contributors" works, though I admit that "Contribution Book" does not
sound as good as "Development Book". We don't want to give anyone the
idea that there's a membership fee involved.

I can't think of anything else right now. (Well, there's "helpers" but
let's keep that as our very last resort.)