Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Ubuntu 8.04 EOL

From: Marek Buras
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Ubuntu 8.04 EOL
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 16:44:47 +0200

On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 03:07:22PM +0200, Sam Geeraerts wrote:
> I noticed. My goal was to reach the 3.0 release milestone (the live CD)
> before this happened. My current live CD image works, but the graphical
> installer only works as far as the partitioner.

Is this nonfunctional installer available somewhere? Or maybe there are some
hints on how to reproduce it? I'll be moving tommorow early morning but things
should calm down in the middle of next week, so I hopefully will be able to
play with it a little.

> In any case, I want to announce a beta release in the upcoming week,
> either with or without a fully working live CD. The final release
> should happen a week or two after that, barring any reports of huge
> problems.

Good GNUs ;-) Personally I don't expect anything except minor issues related to
branding (Debian's name in gcc and the like). The kernel is rock solid and
default userland should meet expectations of the users.

--
Marek Buras
cyfr0n (at) onet.pl