Re: [Gnewsense-dev] live-config for Parkes

From: Marek Buras
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] live-config for Parkes
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2013 09:50:31 +0100

Hello!

address@hidden (Michał Masłowski) writes:
> (I plan to finish my live-build patch in this week, except for the Debian
> syslinux splash and installer support.)

Are you working on this live-build patch currently? I plan to look at
live media issues in gNewSense (including #38012) soon and I'd like to
avoid unnecesery "redundancy".

I have been able to force lb scripts to pull kernel images, initrds and
so on from proper locations, but that was ugly if-else based
modifications. Setting splashscreen for syslinux wasn't hard too. I
think correct way of doing things is using "--mode gnewsense" switch
during config stage and I've seen (by accident, typing live-build
instead of live-config while pulling from your repository) that you have
done some work on that. Will you publish it?  Do you have any plans
related to it?

Happy hacking!
--
Marek Buras