Re: [Gnewsense-dev] WindowMaker package with Parkes branding

From: Marek Buras
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] WindowMaker package with Parkes branding
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2012 21:57:34 +0100

On Thu, Dec 06, 2012 at 08:23:26PM +0100, Sam Geeraerts wrote:
> Could you take another look at gNewSense.theme.txt? It has a typo in
> the Description field, which is also missing a bit at the end.
>
> It's also worth mentioning that the background falls under the Expat
> license, and of course Felipe deserves credit for it.

Doh. I'll correct these things soon. Looks like something distracted me while
I was looking for Felipe's full real name ;) Don't know why I haven't double
check this file.

> The Debian theme doesn't seem to be in the way. Any reason why you're
> removing it?

I decided to remove Debian's artwork and set gNewSense theme default.
It wasn't necessery, I just wanted to avoid redundancy.  After removing
debian.tiff the "diff" file for sources is slightly smaller (no uuencoded tiff
inside). Currently it's ca. 350kb.

> The menu in your screenshot has "gNewSense" at the top of your menu. On
> my system the title is "Applications", same with Squeeze's version as
> with yours. How does that work?

This menu is generated with update-menus command. It uses layout defined
in /etc/X11/WindowMaker/menu.hook (there should be "menu.hook" in your
WMRootMenu file). The script should automaticaly insert gNewSense name
in titlebar. Maybe you have used WindowMaker in the past and changed WMRootMenu
(maybe using WPrefs.app)? I'm not sure but can you look at WMRootMenu in
~/GNUStep/Defaults?

Unfortunatelly, there is another problem. Somehow I included different
gNewSense theme which uses different background image (not available in the
package). I'll fix all this problems as soon as possible. Looks like RERO
syndrome ;/ Package definetly needs more polishing.

--
Marek Buras
cyfr0n (at) go2.pl