Re: [Gnewsense-dev] A live CD/USB for loongson hardware

From: Samy Boutayeb
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] A live CD/USB for loongson hardware
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 09:23:44 +0100

Hi,

Le vendredi 23 novembre 2012 à 04:21 +0800, Fuxin Zhang a écrit :
> ? 2012/11/23 2:01, address@hidden ??:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just found in [1] that the loongson hardware may eventually enable
> > the execution of a live system (either from an USB drive or from a
> > CD/DVD drive.
> >
> > See [2], where pmon launches the system from an iso9660 filesystem
> >
> > It sounds interesting. However, Im am not sure if this is a new
> > feature introduced in the updated pmon, which runs on the recent 3A
> > hardware, or if the "old" pmon used in the Fuloong/Yeeloong enables
> > the booting from an iso9660 filesystem.
> should have been available for a long time
> >
> > Rgds
> > samy

Unfortunately, an usb connected cdrom is unusable on a Yeelong (so the
filesystem.squashfs, boot.cfg etc., which I downloaded are quite
useless).
While the devls command, executed on a Yeelong at the PMON prompt didnt
return awaited info about usb cdrom I connected to it, it would require
to update the pmon version installed (as the sources in
git://dev.lemote.com/pmon.git include the support of the iso9660
filesystem).
However, to be on the safe side, this would require to be able to
reprogramm the PLCC chip, where the pmon resides, in the event of a
failed flashing.

rgds
samy