Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Parkes alpha 1

From: r. siddharth
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Parkes alpha 1
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 16:52:51 +0530

On Wednesday 15 August 2012 01:03 PM, Karl Goetz wrote:

* When I am connected to the Internet the GNOME notification icon shows
that there is "no network connection", though I am able to connect to
the Internet and use it.

Do you use networkmanager.?

I am not sure. To connect to the Internet, I just switch ON the modem. In gNewSense 2.3 (which I was using before) the notification icon did show that "the computer is tethered to the Internet", this not true anymore with gNewSense Parkes alpha 1.

* I tried a "apt-get update" today and I get a GPG error that says:

W: GPG error: http://http.us.debian.org squeeze Release: The following
signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not
available: NO_PUBKEY AED4B06F473041FA

I have attached the full output of the "apt-get update" command with
this   mail.

This is from debian, not gnewsense.

I think we have, inadvertently, found a bug in here. In the "Software Sources" dialog (accessible from System-->Administration-->Software Sources) when I "check" the 'DSFG-compatible Software with Non-Free Dependencies (contrib)' & 'Non-DSFG-compatible Software (non-free)', they are not "checked". Now, when I open my '/etc/apt/sources.list' file, I see this line:

deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian/ squeeze contrib non-free

I ran a "apt-get update". I get the error that I previously mentioned before. Now, if I ran "apt-cache search adobe", I get :

flashplugin-nonfree-extrasound - Adobe Flash Player platform support library
for Esound and OSS
flashplugin-nonfree - Adobe Flash Player - browser plugin

--
rsiddharth
http://rsiddharth.ninth.su/