Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Parkes alpha 1

From: rsiddharth
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Parkes alpha 1
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 04:41:42 +0000

On Mon, 25 Jun 2012 21:10:39 +0200, Sam Geeraerts wrote:

I'm glad to inform you that the first alpha installer for the 3.0
release (Parkes) is available for download at
http://beta.gnewsense.org/gnewsense-three/installer/3.0-alpha1/

I installed gNewSense 3.0 alpha1. The installation apparently went smooth. But when I re-booted my computer to start the newly installed system, GRUB threw up an error -- "Error 15" and stalled. I am not really sure what is the problem.

I ran a "bootinfoscript"[1] from a live session and the RESULTS.txt file that the script produced is attached with this email.

What must be done to solve this problem ? Should I re-install grub ? If so how should I do it ?

I thank you.

[1] : http://bootinfoscript.sourceforge.net/