Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Parkes alpha 1

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Parkes alpha 1
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 17:24:31 +0200

RISCi_ATOM wrote:
What happened to having an AMD64 or Mipsel build? This essentially is like flipping the bird to so many of us who have x86_64 bit or mipsel
CPUs.

I know this is not the proper thread to be asking this, but who is even still working on the mipsel build of gNewSense?

Missing amd64 and mipsel installer is one of the reasons why I called this an alpha. A shallow inspection of the repository [1] reveals that packages for both architectures are present. But not all of the ones that need freedom patches have been rebuilt yet [2]. I rather released the i386 installer while I had it, then sit on it until I got the others straightened out. I should have made this more clear.

[1] http://beta.gnewsense.org/gnewsense-three/gnewsense/dists/parkes/main/
[2] In part because amd64 hardware has a tendency to fail quickly in this house.