Re: [Gnewsense-dev] [License] FDLv1.3 & CC by 3.0 compatibility

From: r. siddharth
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] [License] FDLv1.3 & CC by 3.0 compatibility
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 21:38:16 +0530

Karl Goetz wrote:

It "Just" requires someone to follow up with every image contributor on
the wiki and ask them to relicense.

I can take up that work. So how do I go about it ?

Brett said :

It's our position that when images are used to illustrate an article,
the combination is a single work, and so the licenses of the components
must be compatible.  We wrote some more about this at
<http://www.fsf.org/blogs/licensing/2007-05-08-fdl-scope>.

Are we compatible FSF's position ? -- when images are used to illustrate an article, then the images & the article is a single work (thus the image gets licensed under the GDFL implicitly).

--
rsiddharth
http://rsiddharth.ninth.su/