[Gnewsense-dev] Migrating PmWiki bug tracker to Savannah

From: Ben Sturmfels
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] Migrating PmWiki bug tracker to Savannah
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2011 22:52:22 +1000

Hi,
I'd like to have a go at the bug tracker migration task:
http://wiki.gnewsense.org/DevelopmentTeam

Could someone send me a copy of the relevant PmWiki data files? I gather the bug tracker is an extension to PmWiki.

I see that Oliver Heard did a substantial amount of work on this task a bit over a year ago. Oliver's program appears to screen-scrape the web interface for the bug tracker. I wondered if perhaps it might be easier to work directly from the PmWiki data files.
https://bitbucket.org/oheard/gimt/

Karl had some discussion with the folks from Savannah and it sounds like they'd be comfortable to import the data formatted as MySQL inserts, which sounds good to me:
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/gnewsense-dev/2009-08/msg00191.html

Although Slyvian from Savannah said that the posters/submitters/assignees will need to be set to anonymous, I'm sure I can manually translate the users for the main contributors.

Ben