Re: [Gnewsense-dev] bug upstreaming primer

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] bug upstreaming primer
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 20:46:31 +1030

On Sun, 27 Feb 2011 18:31:28 +0100
Graziano <address@hidden> wrote:

>  On Sun, 27 Feb 2011 22:48:35 +1030, Karl Goetz <address@hidden>
>  wrote:
>
> > PS. this should really be in the wiki, perhaps under something
> > like /WorkingWithUpstream/ForwardingBugs. Thoughts on the page
> > title? kk

>  "Bug forwarding"?

Yes.

>  It is one of the entries in the "How to help" page:
>
>  http://www.gnewsense.org/Main/HowToHelp#Bugforwarding
>
>  We should have a Team page for that too like the other ones.

I dont think it needs a team, it just needs interested individuals.
once a bug is forwarded the relevant gns bug should have a link to the
upstream bug and its done.
If people /want/ to get organised, i'm all for it. I'm just worried
calling it a team will be a distraction rather then a boon.

>  Then on the Bug forwarding team page we could have what you wrote as
> a guide or resources.

Somewhere in there, yeah.
kk

--