Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Xulrunner freedom bug: how to apply patch?

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Xulrunner freedom bug: how to apply patch?
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 21:09:16 +1030

On Wed, 8 Dec 2010 13:03:05 +0100
Christophe Jarry <address@hidden> wrote:

> When I `dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -us -uc', I have a lot of
> dependancy problems. I think those can only be solved by basing metad
> entirely upon current version of Lenny Backport, which sounds
> unlikely.

a lot of dependency problems from xulrunner?

> So where should I go from here? Is it better to:
> -try packaging Lenny's version of xulrunner with bug fix?
> -apply the fix to the metad's version of xulrunner? (Seems the best
> option to me.)
> -wait for Parkes release then fix the bug in it?

If you could work on fixing it in parkes, that would be great. We still
need a fix for metad though: I'd suggest removing galeon. We don't want
to spend lots of time that could be spent moving forwards propping it
up.
kk

--
Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)