Re: [Gnewsense-dev] 2.6.36-libre-lemote

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] 2.6.36-libre-lemote
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2010 22:20:44 +0100

address@hidden wrote:
I just updated my yeeloong kernel to 2.6.36-libre-lemote through the
linux-libre repository. Now after the gnewsense splash screen it says
"waiting for root filesystem", booting fails and i get thrown to
initramfs with the following error: udevd[437]: udev_event_run: fork
of child failed: Funtion not implemented. I changed hda to sda as
directed in this post
http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg00033.html.
Any ideas on how to boot from here?

I could boot with 2.6.36-libre-lemote from the gNewSense repository without a problem (no udev errors, X works). I booted with GRUB2.

Could you show us your bootloader configuration file?