[Gnewsense-dev] reprepro db corrupted

From: Dmitry Samoyloff
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] reprepro db corrupted
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 23:38:56 +0400

Hello,

I'm getting the following with do-update:

<...>
+ reprepro --noskipold -V -b /srv/gnewsense/gnewsense update
Warning: Override-Files of 'deltah-backports' ignored as not yet supported
while updating!
Warning: Override-Files of 'deltah-updates' ignored as not yet supported while
updating!
Warning: Override-Files of 'deltah' ignored as not yet supported while updating!
Warning: Override-Files of 'deltah-security' ignored as not yet supported while
updating!
aptmethod got 'http://127.0.0.1/ubuntu//dists/hardy-backports/Release'
aptmethod got 'http://127.0.0.1/ubuntu//dists/hardy/Release'
aptmethod got 'http://127.0.0.1/ubuntu//dists/hardy-updates/Release'
aptmethod got 'http://127.0.0.1/ubuntu//dists/hardy-security/Release'
Internal error of the underlying BerkleyDB database:
Within references.db subtable references at put: DB_KEYEXIST: Key/data pair
already exists
Internal error of the underlying BerkleyDB database:
Within references.db subtable references at put: DB_KEYEXIST: Key/data pair
already exists
Internal error of the underlying BerkleyDB database:
Within references.db subtable references at put: DB_KEYEXIST: Key/data pair
already exists
There have been errors!
<...>

It looks like /srv/gnewsense/gnewsense/db/references.db was corrupted for some
reason (maybe because I've interrupted do-update several times). I've tried to
move this file and it was regenerated, but the new one was of much lesser
size and it lead to vlc rebuild error like this (I've forced rebuilding
manually using "tools/removesrc vlc" to check my ccache support):

<...>
+ reprepro --ignore=missingfile -Vb /srv/gnewsense/gnewsense include
deltah-security
/srv/gnewsense/tmp/hardy-security-i386//srv/gnewsense/tmp/vlc_0.8.6.release.e+x264svn20071224+faad2.6.1-0ubuntu3.3gnewsense1_i386.changes
Data seems not to be signed trying to use directly...
.changes put in a distribution not listed within it!
To ignore use --ignore=wrongdistribution.
There have been errors!
<...>

I think this is because of db file corruption: vlc's "debian/changelog" and
"vlc*.changes" have "deltah" as a distribution and it's all right.

"man reprepro" reads as follows (about basedir/db): "This is permanent data,
no cache. One has almost to regenerate the whole repository when this is
lost."

Should I rebuild the whole gNewSense repo from scratch now? Is there a better
way?

--
I'm an FSF member -- Help us support software freedom!
<http://www.fsf.org/jf?referrer=7253>