Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: Important bug reports (GNU documentation missing

From: christophe . jarry
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: Important bug reports (GNU documentation missing)
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 13:22:55 +0200

Quoting Karl Goetz <address@hidden>:

Are you planning to provide fixed packages for the entire program (eg,
a new gcc package), or just a deb of the doco to sit beside it?

Just a deb for the doco.

I think I will make a meta-package called `gnu-doc' having `binutils-doc' and the like as dependencies. That way, Richard will be able to have all GNU doc with one command, while people working with, say `gawk', will only have to install `gawk-doc'.

Do you think I better have to work on files from:
- `apt-get source $SOFTWARE-doc' from metad,
- or source files from gnu.org (metad version number)?

Given those informations, do you think I better have to just edit
the script to copy html files and directory recursively from
{binutils,gcc,gdb} website to a directory of the user calling the
script? In this case, in which user's directory should I copy this
html doc?

I would suggest putting the info files in a bzr repo, and not scraping
off the html.

binutils, gcc and gdb info files are already on http://bzr.savannah.org/r/gnewsense/docs.

Christophe