Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Mr. S. Zacchiroli, Debian and gNS3...

From: ben
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Mr. S. Zacchiroli, Debian and gNS3...
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 21:59:35 +0200

I don't agree. It is a big step in that now by default you'll have a
free kernel when installing Debian. You'll have to be active to put
non-free software on your computer. And you do it consciously by
activating a non-free repo, which is clearly marked as non-free.

I don't want to argue that it is sufficient. But it is definitely more
than you say. It'll also - and in particular - be big help for gns.

You say that it is still easy to install non-free software on debian.
yeah, right, but with the same ease you can install the same software on
gns. and that doesn't make gns non-free.

there was a discussion about deltas to take care off. this is a big
delta less. so it's a big step forward.